Saturday, August 29, 2015

Saturday in the garden

I spent today working in my flower garden.  Flower garden quilt that is.  As much as I would love to have a beautiful flower garden, quilt garden's are the only ones that I can keep blooming.  The other kind of gardening is something I hope to dabble in when I retire.  Maybe I'll be able to get this black thumb of mine to turn to at least a murky green.  


This is the center part of the quilt so I just have the applique borders to go.  The yellow centers of the flowers really pop in this picture.  They are bit tamer in real life.  I can hear the giggles now...it is quite a bright quilt.  The colors were inspired by my hubby's wardrobe.  This is his kind of quilt.  The brighter the better.  And yes he really does have golf attire that is as wild and bright as these flowers.

These are just the tip of the iceberg (giggle).  We find inspiration everywhere.😎


No comments:

Post a Comment