Sunday, August 30, 2015

Sunday Stitchin'

Where did the weekend go?  Here it is Sunday evening already.  Marvin, Lily and I had a grand old time out on the back porch.  They people and critter watched while I sewed and listened to "The cuckoo's calling".  It is the debut mystery written by Robert Galbraith (a.k.a J.K. Rowling).  It is a very fun "read". 

 I managed to get a few more rows of my "Worry not" tumbler quilt done while I worked on my Jamestown Landing quilt.  I have 12 of the 30 star blocks done.  The stars are a bit difficult to see here.  

 

I hope that they will show up better once I get the other units constructed.  The fabrics for this quilt are from my scrap basket and many of my fabrics are medium values.  So I think that is the likely reason that my stars are not popping as much as I would like them to.  But ya know, it really is quite alright. I'm learning a lot about how these fabrics play with each other.  I've never made a true scrap quilt before and am really enjoying the process.  I think they are pretty even if they don't look like stars (giggle).  

Hope you're enjoying your weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment