Saturday, October 3, 2015

Hugs and kisses

I spent last weekend working on a baby quilt for the music director of our church.  She shared the wonderful news a couple of weeks ago.  I'm just a little slow in sharing this cute little quilt with you.  I love making baby quilts....I had such a wonderful time picking out novelty prints.  I tried to find fabrics that would be special to the new mom and dad.  For instance, they have several furry family members so I found very cute dog and cat fabric and the cutest baby rock and roll fabric since mom loves music.  I have a bunch of fabric left over so I'm on the look out for another pattern to use them for in a 'worry not' quilt.

I came across a quilt pattern for a baby quilt in a magazine a while back.  The blocks were X's and O's to represent hugs and kisses.  Isn't that just perfect for a baby quilt?  I took that idea and added the notion of an I spy quilt. I have very fond memories of spending "quiet time" with my kiddos pointing to pictures in picture books.  So what could be better than a giant cuddly picture book.  And to take that idea one step further I used each of the novelty fabrics to construct one hug block and one kiss block.  So the quilt can be used to play a matching game too.


It's not quite finished yet...I still need to put the borders on.  Here's a couple of close ups so that you can see those cute fabrics....




 Aren't they fun?   My hope is that it gets thrown on the floor for play time or on the grass in the yard or at a park for picnics.   It is meant to be used and loved and for making memories.  Hopefully that goal will be achieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment