Sunday, November 8, 2015

All about kids

This was my sewing for kids weekend.  I recently joined the RARE Bear Army.  The RARE Bear Army supports RARE Science, Inc. which is a non-profit organization that helps find cures for kids with rare diseases and supports programs for rare disease research.  I don't know if this really counts as a random act of kindness, but my goal for this year was to be more mindful of others and to to "perform" more acts of kindness.  I am truly blessed in so many ways and feel the need to share the wealth.

As a member of the RARE Bear Army, I have volunteered to "help make one-of-a-kind bears for special one of a kind kids- kids that suffer from a rare disease.  My first bear is ready to go in the mail tomorrow.  He's a flat bear at the moment.  My job was to make a bear to send back and someone else will embroider eyes and stuff him.


The soles of his feet say RARE Science and he has a numbered tag on his back which is his ribbon of authenticity. They send you the fabric and tag when you sign up to make a bear.  pretty cool huh?  Each quilter will receive a picture of the child that receives your bear.  I think that's kind of cool too.  I hope to make a bunch of these.  Now for part two of my sewing for kids session...

Lily's favorite vet tech is having a baby, so I spent the rest of this weekend making a baby quilt.


I fell in love with this pattern at the International Quilt Festival in Houston last week.  Aren't they the cutest little foxes? They were so fun to make.  It just needs backing, batting, and binding and then it will be good to go!  

Happy Sunday, everyone....

No comments:

Post a Comment