Sunday, January 3, 2016

Back in the garden on Slow Stitchin' Sunday

Last January I attended Quilt St. George and had the most wonderful time attending Norma Whaley's wool applique class.  She is such a gifted quilt designer.  I just love all of her patterns.  We learned her method of wool applique while making "At Home in the Garden".


Here it is one year later and I am still working on the quilt that I started then.  Truth be told I am still working on many quilts that I have started over this past year.  There are just so many quilts that I encounter that just speak to me.  They are all saying....make me! Make me!  And I can just not resist.  How can I disappoint them.  They all need to be made.

Now....I am making great progress on this quilt.  I only have 3 blocks left to applique.  So I decided what better way to spend Slow Stitching Sunday than working on this wonderful little quilt.  So here is the block I am working on now....

what better way to spend a chilly New England day...than working on some wool applique!

Until we meet again,
Paula

6 comments:

  1. Just stick with it and you will get it done! I am working on her pattern Cottage Garden and am quilting the border--slow and steady. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx for those words of encouragement...slow and steady wins the race, right?

      Delete
  2. What pretty blocks. Glad you are taking the time to slow down and enjoy some hand stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flowers are just the thing for a cold winter day. They make me think of the warmth of summer. Unless I have a deadline for a quilt I don't worry too much about how long it takes. I think it's more important to enjoy the process than finish fast. Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is my favorite block on this quilt. I was checking through my mail. Did you see the crabapple quilt block? I might have to pull out my scrap box and make some of them.

    ReplyDelete