Tuesday, July 25, 2017

BTQ Scrappy Summer Sewalong

I am having the best time sewing happy scrappy nine patches.  The best part is that all of my fabric has come from the depths of my scrap box.  I must confess though, my scrap box is actually a very deep laundry basket and not a  cute little box.  I know I should be better at keeping up with taming my scraps, but it always seems to be such a chore for me.

So Diane has come to my rescue with her scrappy summer sew along.  I simply dug through my pile and spent a good long afternoon with my Accuquilt Go Big and cut a huge bunch of 2 1/4 strips.  I'm doing 2 1/4 rather than 2 1/2 because that is the size strippy die that I have.

I "stole" the drying rack from our laundry room to keep my strips handy....who wants to do laundry when you could be sewing instead?


I completed my 48 blocks and still have a whole lot of strips left.  Here's a peek at my 48...


 Now on to the next set of blocks.  Looking forward to taming some of my neutral scraps next.  Come on over to see what other scrappy goodness is going on at ButterflyThreadsQuilting

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the drying rack idea! That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It works great at keeping them from getting cranky and you can see what you have to work with.

      Delete
  2. What a great idea to use your drying rack for taming all those strips! Also...I spy some flamingo fabric - yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't ya love putting those little eye spy goodies in a quilt? So much fun (giggle).

      Delete