Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Weaving Weekend

I just got back from a fabulous three day workshop at the most wonderful little weaving school -Vavstuga in Shelburne Falls, MA.  My sister introduced me to this idyllic little spot some years ago and she and I have had such fun spending time together taking various classes there. 

The workshop we just attended was a backstrap weaving class given by Laverne Waddington.  This particular class was on Andean pebble weave which is done by weavers in South America.  Laverne is a fabulous teacher and very talented weaver.   She has a wonderful blog that you really need to check out (www.backstrapweaving.wordpress.com).  Here are a few pictures of some of some pieces that she brought to share and inspire.....


Aren't they just wonderful?  I haven't made tons of progress on the bands that I started weaving in the class, but I did learn quite a lot.  I have to admit that most of my learning was done in the process of "reverse weaving" and re-weaving the bands that I was working on.   But I really love this type of weaving and am so excited to do some more.  Here are my first attempts....

Aren't they sweet?  

No comments:

Post a Comment