Tuesday, May 7, 2019

H2H 2019

Time flies.....It is so hard to believe that we are so close to the end of another H2H season.  My favorite time of year.

I’m very fond of String pieced Quilts.  Making string blocks is like a trip down memory lane.  Each time I dip into my big tub of “strings” and gather a bunch to complete a block, I am reminded of the original quilt from which they came and the wonderful occasion that quilt was made for.  It is amazing how these little bits of scraps can still bring such joy.

I chose a string quilt from Diane D. Knott’s new book.  It’s a spectacular book for scrap quilt enthusiasts.  And I highly recommend it.



I just finished quilting my labor of love which I recently loaded on my quilting frame.



I’m working on getting the hang of my Q’nique.  It is a wonderful little machine from Grace Company.  Perfect for someone like me who really wanted a longarm but wanted a machine that was simple to operate and has just enough bells and whistles.  I’m still just a beginner with this new member of my sewing machine fleet, but am becoming more confident with FMQ on it.

Now on to one of my favorite things....the binding.  It really is one of my favorite things to do.  I know I am probably in the minority here, but I really do enjoy binding a quilt.  It might just be because it means the quilt is finally done 🤣😂 .

No comments:

Post a Comment