Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy 2016!

I've spent quite a bit of time pondering the coming of the new year.  Typically people come up with New Years resolutions that they vow to follow in the coming year.  It has been my experience that these resolutions often include 1) Starting a new diet to shed unwanted pounds 2) Saving more $ and spending less and 3) trying to be a nicer or kinder individual.  Now, the problem with New Years resolutions is that one's efforts tend to last through January and the go down hill from there.  So I have been pondering how I would like to handle this New Year's custom.

One of my sisters (Mary) sent me a wonderful blog post from Kathy Quilts in which Kathy reflected on her accomplishments in 2015 rather than focus on what she wants to tackle in 2016.  I love the idea of focusing on what one has accomplished.  Especially when we tend to resolve to accomplish way more than what is really possible.  When one comes up with a lengthy list of resolutions, one is bound to fall short of these expectations.  Mainly because life happens and we can not pre-plan for everything that is going to occur on our life's journey.

I haven't done the best job this year when it comes to recording my creative accomplishments, so I won't be following Kathy's lead as far as reflecting on my accomplishments for 2015.  But I think I would like to do that for Jan. 1, 2017.  So rather than have resolutions or reflections for 2016, I have decided to focus on a phrase this year.......Keep it simple and smile.

Now how can I fall short of my goals if I just "Keep it simple and smile". And in doing so, maybe I'll be able to put a smile on your face too.

Wishing you all a healthy and happy 2016....until we meet again,
Paula


1 comment:

  1. You are so kind and thoughtful. I love the sentiments in this post. Happy Blogging.

    ReplyDelete